The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you remember to?

1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?

Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!

Surround blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block.
Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Picard 2.9.0 is now available. Download and read release notes here.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.

Which bundle should I use for bam files from Illumina's CASAVA pipeline?

ihleeihlee Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

I have bam files generated by Illumina's CASAVA pipeline, and the reference genome version in the accompanying document is 'NCBI37_UCSC'. The chromosomes are all named after UCSC hg19 convention, but 'NCBI37' part in the name confuses me. I'm not sure which bundle files should I use with these bam files, b37 or hg19.

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
Tagged:

Answers

• ebanksebanks Broad InstituteMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator, Dev Posts: 692 admin

You should ask Illumina as they provided these files for you. You need to make sure that Illumina used a standard reference - and if not then they need to provide you with the necessary reference file(s).

Eric Banks, PhD -- Director, Data Sciences and Data Engineering, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT

• ihleeihlee Member Posts: 2

The reference files did come with the bam files. I'm just not sure whether they're from NCBI build or UCSC build. I hoped someone with much experience in handling Illumina data with GATK might help me to solve this problem.

• ebanksebanks Broad InstituteMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator, Dev Posts: 692 admin

You should post in the Ask The Community section then. I've just moved this discussion there.

Eric Banks, PhD -- Director, Data Sciences and Data Engineering, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT