The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Which bundle should I use for bam files from Illumina's CASAVA pipeline?

ihleeihlee Posts: 2Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

I have bam files generated by Illumina's CASAVA pipeline, and the reference genome version in the accompanying document is 'NCBI37_UCSC'. The chromosomes are all named after UCSC hg19 convention, but 'NCBI37' part in the name confuses me. I'm not sure which bundle files should I use with these bam files, b37 or hg19.

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
Tagged:

Answers

• ebanksebanks Broad InstitutePosts: 698Member, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator, Dev admin

You should ask Illumina as they provided these files for you. You need to make sure that Illumina used a standard reference - and if not then they need to provide you with the necessary reference file(s).

Eric Banks, PhD -- Director, Data Sciences and Data Engineering, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT

• ihleeihlee Posts: 2Member

The reference files did come with the bam files. I'm just not sure whether they're from NCBI build or UCSC build. I hoped someone with much experience in handling Illumina data with GATK might help me to solve this problem.

• ebanksebanks Broad InstitutePosts: 698Member, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator, Dev admin

You should post in the Ask The Community section then. I've just moved this discussion there.

Eric Banks, PhD -- Director, Data Sciences and Data Engineering, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT