The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!


You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Did you remember to?


1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?


Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!


Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.9.0 is now available. Download and read release notes here.
GATK 3.7 is here! Be sure to read the Version Highlights and optionally the full Release Notes.

Queue BaseRecalibrator - RScript file name error

flescaiflescai Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited October 2012 in Ask the GATK team

Hi there,
I was trying to debug an error in the RScript generated after base recalibration, while running the DataProcessingPipeline.scala (run as it is).
I get the following debug output

 [...]
 Error in file(filename, "r", blocking = TRUE) : 
   cannot open the connection
 Calls: source ... eval.with.vis -> eval.with.vis -> gsa.read.gatkreport -> file
 In addition: Warning messages:
 1: In file(filename, "r", blocking = TRUE) :
   cannot open file '/SAN/scratch3/sample378_TTAGGC_L004_R1_001.fastq.pre_recal.table.recal': No such file or directory
  Execution halted

no file ending with "recal.table.recal" exists, but the file "recal.table" does exist.
I couldn't find any step in the scala script where a ".recal" is added to "recal.table", nor a specific trait or class referring to the RScript itself, as I understand it's part of the walker BaseRecalibrator.

is this a small bug in the name handling, or am I doing something wrong somewhere?

thanks,
Francesco

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Best Answers

  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,647 admin
    Accepted Answer

    Try upgrading to the latest version. I've checked the code and the name handling looks clean in both the script and the walker.

    Also, make sure to have the same versions for GATK and Queue.

    Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,647 admin
    Accepted Answer

    Glad to hear it worked out for you, and thanks for reporting your solution details for other users' benefit!

    Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

Answers

  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,647 admin

    Hi Francesco, what version are you running?

    Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

  • flescaiflescai Member Posts: 67 ✭✭

    I didn't write it.
    it's Queue-2.1-8-g5efb575

  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,647 admin
    Accepted Answer

    Try upgrading to the latest version. I've checked the code and the name handling looks clean in both the script and the walker.

    Also, make sure to have the same versions for GATK and Queue.

    Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

  • flescaiflescai Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November 2012

    Hi Geraldine!
    I didn't launch again the entire DataProcessingPipeline on my batch.
    The Calling pipeline however generates a beautiful PDF now.

    I tried to relaunch the DataProcessing script with -keepIntermediates, to have it generating the report, but unfortunately this way deleted the jobreport.txt (no data in) and therefore gave an error in the R script.

    Is there somewhere the R script to generate the PDF graphs that I could apply to previously generated jobreport.txt files without launching the scala script?

    thanks!

  • flescaiflescai Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November 2012

    Oh, I found it :-)
    for the benefit of other users it's located in the github repository, under
    /public/R/scripts/org/broadinstitute/sting/queue/util

    then it's sufficient to launch

     Rscript queueJobReport.R DataProcessingPipeline.jobreport.txt DataProcessingPipeline.jobreport.pdf
    

    and you have it formatted, it works nicely!
    cheers,
    F

  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie Posts: 11,647 admin
    Accepted Answer

    Glad to hear it worked out for you, and thanks for reporting your solution details for other users' benefit!

    Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

Sign In or Register to comment.