The current GATK version is 3.6-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Last chance to register for the GATK workshop next week in Basel, Switzerland! http://www.sib.swiss/training/upcoming-training-events/training/gatk-workshop-lecture

Bug? (making Pileup file)

airyspaceairyspace Posts: 2Member
edited September 2012 in Ask the GATK team

Dear GATK team

I tried following commands to validate SNP calling (Comparing with SNP Array data)

$ java -jar /usr/local/GenomeAnalysisTK-2.1-5-gf3daab0/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T Pileup --showVerbose -R ./human_g1k_v37.fasta -I Sample.final.bam -o Sample.final.pileup
$ java -Xmx2g -jar /usr/local/GenomeAnalysisTK-2.1-5-gf3daab0/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -R ./human_g1k_v37.fasta -T VariantsToVCF -o Sample.pileup.vcf --variant:SAMPILEUP Sample.final.pileup --dbsnp /home/database/broadinstitute/1.2/b37/dbsnp_132.b37.vcf

then, I got error message like this

"ERROR MESSAGE: the SAM pileup line didn't have the expected number of tokens (expected = 10, saw = 1 on line = 1 14369 C CCCCCCCCCC GGGCC#CIHG"

$ head Sample.final.pileup
1 14369 C CCCCCCCCCC GGGCC#CIHG

Do you have any idea??

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Mark_DePristoMark_DePristo Posts: 153Administrator, Dev admin
    Answer ✓

These are just the wrong commands for what you want to do. Look at UnifiedGenotyper. The Pileup format is really for debugging, more than anything.

--
    Mark A. DePristo, Ph.D.
    Co-Director, Medical and Population Genetics
    Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Answer ✓

You can use VariantEval for this. Call SNPs with UnifiedGenotyper and then use VariantEval. Docs are all in the Guide section for both tools

--
    Mark A. DePristo, Ph.D.

Answers

Answer ✓

These are just the wrong commands for what you want to do. Look at UnifiedGenotyper. The Pileup format is really for debugging, more than anything.

--
    Mark A. DePristo, Ph.D.

• airyspaceairyspace Posts: 2Member

Dear Mark.

Thank you for your comment,
    Then, could you recommend for me what to do if I want to compare the accuracy using SNP array data ?
    I think it would be easy when UnifiedGenotyper calls SNP which is on SNP array.(get dbSNPID which are detected by GATK and check the array data).
    I want to check all sites on the array.

Sorry, I wish I could write correct English..

Answer ✓

You can use VariantEval for this. Call SNPs with UnifiedGenotyper and then use VariantEval. Docs are all in the Guide section for both tools

--
    Mark A. DePristo, Ph.D.