Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.

GATK workshop in Brussels, Belgium: June 24-26 (2014)

Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,412Administrator, GATK Developer admin
edited June 11 in Announcements

Calling all Belgians! (and immediate neighbors)

In case you didn't hear of this through your local institutions, I'm excited to announce that we are doing a GATK workshop in Belgium in two weeks (June 24-26 to be precise). The workshop, which is open and free to the scientific community, will be held at the Royal Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels.

This is SUPER EXCITING to me because as a small child I spent many hours drooling in front of the Institute Museum's stunningly beautiful Iguanodons, likely leaving grubby handprints all over the glass cases, to the shame and annoyance of my parents. I also happen to have attended the Lycee Emile Jacqmain which is located in the same park, right next to the Museum (also within a stone's throw of the more recently added European Parliament) so for me this is a real trip into the past. Complete with dinosaurs!

That said, I expect you may find this workshop exciting for very different reasons, such as learning how the GATK can empower your research and hearing about the latest cutting-edge developments that you can expect for version 3.2.

See this website or the attached flyer for practical details (but note that the exact daily program may be slightly different than announced due to the latest changes in GATK) and be sure to register (it's required for admission!) by emailing cvangestel at naturalsciences.be with your name and affiliation.

Please note that the hands-on sessions (to be held on the third day) are already filled to capacity. The tutorial materials will be available on our website in the days following the workshop.

pdf
pdf
Workshop Variant Discovery in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data.pdf
Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD