Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

How do I direct Queue to output files to a different directory?

louwslouws San FranciscoPosts: 22Member

Hi,

Thanks to previous replies can run Queue and the relevant walker on a distributed computing server. The question was if I define my scala script to require an argument for the output file, using the -o parameter like so:

// Required arguments.  All initialized to empty values.

@Input(doc="Output file.", shortName="o")
                              var outputFile: File = _

How do I direct the output to pipe the result to a specified directory? Currently I have the code: genotyper.out = swapExt(qscript.bamFile, "bam", outputFile, "unfiltered.vcf")

Currently when I include the string -o /path/to/my/output/files/MyResearch.vcf

The script creates a series of folders within the directory where I execute Queue from. In this case my results were sent to: /Queue-2-8-1-g932cd3a/MyResearch./path/to/my/output/files/MyResearch.unfiltered.vcf

when all I wanted was the output to appear in the path: /path/to/my/output/files/MyResearch.unfiltered.vcf

As always any help is much appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers