New team member to help with GATK + Cancer Tools outreach & support

Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,672Administrator, GATK Developer admin

I'm very happy to introduce Sheila Chandran, our newest GSA team member, who will be helping me with GATK outreach, support and documentation. You can expect to see Sheila start answering questions on the GATK forum within a week or two!

Thanks to Sheila's help, I'll be able to expand our support model to the Broad Cancer Tools (MuTect and related). Moving forward, we'll produce documentation for MuTect and other tools produced by the Cancer Group in collaboration with the developers, in order to bring you the same level of documentation coverage and support that we currently have for GATK.

Rest assured however that we won't stop working on improving the GATK documentation. In fact, Sheila's first project with us will be to document how the HaplotypeCaller works in detail -- something I know many of you have been hoping to see for a while now!

As a final note, I'd like to mention that this is one of many positive outcomes from our collaboration with our commercial licensing partner, Appistry, so we'd like to express our thanks to them for helping us help you, our user community.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

Tagged: