Due to a minor hiccup in the release process for version 3.3, the tool documentation page is currently malfunctioning. We're working on getting that fixed asap.

Variant Recalibration

rohan1925rohan1925 New YorkPosts: 4Member

Hi,

I am running Variant Recalibration on Indels,prior to this I completed Variant Recalibration and ApplyRecalibration on SNPs. So,the input file is the recalibrated VCF file from Apply Recalibration step of SNP's.

Below is the error I am getting.

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.7-4-g6f46d11):
ERROR
ERROR This means that one or more arguments or inputs in your command are incorrect.
ERROR The error message below tells you what is the problem.
ERROR
ERROR If the problem is an invalid argument, please check the online documentation guide
ERROR (or rerun your command with --help) to view allowable command-line arguments for this tool.
ERROR
ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
ERROR
ERROR Please do NOT post this error to the GATK forum unless you have really tried to fix it yourself.
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: Bad input: Values for DP annotation not detected for ANY training variant in the input callset. VariantAnnotator may be used to add these annotations. See http://gatkforums.broadinsti

tute.org/discussion/49/using-variant-annotator

The command I am using for this is :

jre1.7.0_40/bin/java -Djava.io.tmpdir=./rb_2905_VCF/tmp -Xmx2g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK-2.7-4-g6f46d11/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T VariantRecalibrator -R dbdata/human_g1k_v37.fasta -input ${input_file} --maxGaussians 4 -resource:mills,known=false,training=true,truth=true,prior=12.0 Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf resource:omni,known=false,training=true,truth=false,prior=12.0 1000G_omni2.5.b37.vcf - resource:dbsnp,known=true,training=false,truth=false,prior=2.0 dbsnp_137.b37.vcf -resource:1000G,known=false,training=true,truth=false,prior=10.0 1000G_phase1.indels.b37.vcf -an DP -an QD -an FS -an MQRankSum -an ReadPosRankSum -mode INDEL -recalFile $destdir/${input_file%recal.snps.vcf}recal.indel.recal -tranchesFile $destdir/${input_file%recal.snps.vcf}recal.indel.tranches -rscriptFile $destdir/${input_file%recal.snps.vcf}recal.indel.plots.R

If I remove the options -an DP -an QD -an FS -an MQRankSum -an ReadPosRankSum,then I get this error:

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.7-4-g6f46d11):
ERROR
ERROR This means that one or more arguments or inputs in your command are incorrect.
ERROR The error message below tells you what is the problem.
ERROR
ERROR If the problem is an invalid argument, please check the online documentation guide
ERROR (or rerun your command with --help) to view allowable command-line arguments for this tool.
ERROR
ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
ERROR
ERROR Please do NOT post this error to the GATK forum unless you have really tried to fix it yourself.
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name '--use_annotation' (-an) is missing.

Answers

• ebanksebanks Posts: 683GATK Developer mod

Hi there,

I see that you've posted 2 errors, and in each one it says: "Please do NOT post this error to the GATK forum unless you have really tried to fix it yourself."

I'd recommend searching the forum for the solution to this question. I definitely have seen this topic asked and answered in the past.

Eric Banks, PhD -- Senior Group Leader, MPG Analysis, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT