GATK and Berkeley Lab Checkpoint/Restart, RUNTIME ERROR, runtime must be >= 0

I am using GATK 2.7 HC with Berkeley Lab Checkpoint/Restart (BLCR). After I checkpoint and restart my job on the cluster I get the stdout and stderr shown below. I think I got it, because the restart happened after midnight. Usually I just get incorrect estimates on total remaining runtime. Would it be possible to make GATK fully compatible with the use of BLCR? Thank you.

stdout: INFO 01:15:01,258 ProgressMeter - 1:28001706 0.00e+00 -4690921.0 s -9223372036.0 s 80.0% -5862401.0 s -1171480.0 s

stderr:

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR stack trace

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: runtime must be >= 0 but got -4690951902384272 at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.exceedsRuntimeLimit(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:1200) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseActiveRegions$ActiveRegionIterator.hasNext(TraverseActiveRegions.java:329) at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.executeSingleThreaded(NanoScheduler.java:268) at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.execute(NanoScheduler.java:245) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseActiveRegions.traverse(TraverseActiveRegions.java:273) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseActiveRegions.traverse(TraverseActiveRegions.java:78) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.executive.LinearMicroScheduler.execute(LinearMicroScheduler.java:99) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.execute(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:313) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineExecutable.execute(CommandLineExecutable.java:113) at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:245) at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:152) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:91)

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A GATK RUNTIME ERROR has occurred (version 2.7-2-g6bda569):
ERROR
ERROR This might be a bug. Please check the documentation guide to see if this is a known problem.
ERROR If not, please post the error message, with stack trace, to the GATK forum.
ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: runtime must be >= 0 but got -4690951902384272

Best Answer

Answers