Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

BaseRecalibrator

edwardhustedwardhust ChinaPosts: 2Member

Hi: i met errors in my recalibration process. every time errors occur, the messages put "don't post the errors",and then i can find solution in FAQ or furom. however, this time, it tells me to post the errors. i tried to find sulotion, but failed. i am new to GATK, and know little about java.

here is the command:

nohup java -Xmx50g -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp\ -jar $GATKdir/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \ -T BaseRecalibrator \ -R ~/data/ReferAll/sortedIndex/ucsc.hg19.sorted.fasta \ -I ~/projects/TWINS/WGC007813/WGC007813.sai.sam.dedup.realigned.bam \ -knownSites ~/data/ReferAll/bundle/dbsnp_137.hg19.sorted.vcf \ -knownSites ~/data/ReferAll/bundle/1000G_phase1.indels.hg19.sorted.vcf \ -knownSites ~/data/ReferAll/bundle/Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg19.sorted.vcf \ -o ~/projects/TWINS/WGC007813/WGC007813.sai.sam.dedup.realigned.bam.recal.grp \

~/projects/TWINS/WGC007813/no.BaseRecalibrator.out &

and this is the errors message!

Best Answer

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,954Administrator, GATK Developer admin
    Answer ✓

Okay, the good news is that you don't need to know any java to run GATK :)

So, it looks like some of your reads have a CIGAR string that is causing errors. You may be able to bypass this issue by adding -rf BadCigar to your command. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Also, in future, can you please just copy and paste the text of the errors, rather than give a screenshot? It is better for several reasons which I won't go into.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,954Administrator, GATK Developer admin
    Answer ✓

Okay, the good news is that you don't need to know any java to run GATK :)

So, it looks like some of your reads have a CIGAR string that is causing errors. You may be able to bypass this issue by adding -rf BadCigar to your command. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Also, in future, can you please just copy and paste the text of the errors, rather than give a screenshot? It is better for several reasons which I won't go into.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• edwardhustedwardhust ChinaPosts: 2Member

Hi: Auwera! thank you so much!! i solved my problem as you told me add "-rf BadCigar" option, i am sorry about the screenshot; until you replied to me did i realize that it's difficult to read my problem clearly because of the text composing, and pics which were not showing. i am sorry!!and thank you!