Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.

Unified Genotyper with Galaxy: callable base and depth of coverage after BQSR

FabriceBesnardFabriceBesnard ParisPosts: 20Member

Hi,

I am using GATK through the Galaxy main server to analyze variations from whole-genome re-sequencing of various samples of non-model species (nematodes worms). I would like to know whether it is possible to have with Galaxy's GATK tools a kind of pileup (base per base or intervall, like .bed) of genome indicating specifically which base where callable or not by Unified Genotyper (UG), such as "CallableLoci". The log & metrics files generated by UG in Galaxy give the general statistics of callable loci, but there is no such a file giving a detailed information of the eligibility of each base.

In the same kind of idea, I would like to get a per-locus-depth of coverage (which can partially help answering my previous question, although it does not take into account all the filters used by UG such as base quality, mapping quality, etc.). This tool is available on Galaxy. However, I am performing 3 rounds of BQSR to get my final vcf file. Shall I calculate the depth of coverage using the first BAM file before BQSR or the last recalibrated BAM file obtained in the 3rd round of BQSR? I don't think BQSR alter the coverage score, so I would say this shouldn't matter. Am I right?

Thanks in advance for help and advices, Fabrice

Best Answer

Answers