Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.

DepthOfCoverage multi-threading

Does the walker DepthOfCoverage support multi-threading?

According to the documentation: http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/gatkdocs/org_broadinstitute_sting_gatk_walkers_coverage_DepthOfCoverage.html "This tool can be run in multi-threaded mode using this option. TreeReducible (-nt)"

When I try with GATK2.5 I get this error message: "Invalid command line: Argument nt has a bad value: The analysis DepthOfCoverage aggregates results by interval. Due to a current limitation of the GATK, analyses of this type do not currently support parallel execution. Please run your analysis without the -nt option."

Would it work, if I upgraded to 2.7? You upgrade GATK more frequently than I change my under wear, so it is difficult to keep up :) Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,398Administrator, GATK Developer admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Tommy,

If you don't mind I'll refrain from commenting on your personal hygiene and sartorial habits :)

But as regards to the issue you're running into: it's not really a version problem. What's happening here is that by default the DoC is set to generate stats averaged over intervals, which is not compatible with multithreading mode. If you pass the --omitIntervalStatistics / -omitIntervals flag this will be disabled and multithreading ability will be restored. We'll look at documenting and/or putting in a workaround to avoid this situation in the future.

Answers