switch off plot_tranches.R from GATK 1.6 VariantRecalibrator?

avilellaavilella Posts: 6Member
edited September 2013 in Ask the GATK team

Hi,

I am running the INDEL model of VariantRecalibrator with GATK 1.6 (last license-compatible version in our hands), and the very last step seems to crash when writing the plot using plot_Tranches.R (see below).

All the previous steps seem to run well on 9G RAM and I presume this plotting step just produces an image to manually inspect and nothing else. Is it possible to switch off the plotting step at all?

Thanks

java -Xmx8g -jar /my/path/GATK/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -et NO_ET -T VariantRecalibrator -R /my/path/WholeGenomeFASTA/genome.fa -input /my/path/genome.vcf.tmp2 -resource:mills,known=true,training=true,truth=true,prior=12.0 /my/path/Annotation/Mills_Devine_2hit.indels.hg19.vcf -an QD -an FS -an ReadPosRankSum -an DP --mode INDEL -recalFile /my/path/test/file.INDEL.recal -tranchesFile /my/path/test/file.INDEL.tranches

[...]
INFO 10:46:37,310 VariantRecalibrator - Writing out recalibration table...
INFO 10:46:46,202 VariantRecalibrator - Executing: Rscript (resource)org/broadinstitute/sting/gatk/walkers/variantrecalibration/plot_Tranches.R /my/path/test/file.INDEL.tranches 2.15

PS: I tried adding the option "-rscriptFile /dev/null", but it also seems to crash at the same step:
INFO 11:25:10,870 VariantRecalibrator - Executing: Rscript /dev/null

Post edited by avilella on

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 8,269Administrator, GATK Dev admin

Hi @avilella,

The plotting is indeed simply intended for visualization, it is not essential to the program run. Deactivating it from command line is not possible with the version you are using, but you could patch the code to deactivate the plotting function.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD