Bug Bulletin: we have identified a bug that affects indexing when producing gzipped VCFs. This will be fixed in the upcoming 3.2 release; in the meantime you need to reindex gzipped VCFs using Tabix.

Where to find the source for an old release?

mbockolmbockol Rochester mnPosts: 2Member

Hi Folks,

I'd like to perform a git checkout of the source used to build the following release:

ftp://ftp.broadinstitute.org/distribution/gsa/GenomeAnalysisTK/GenomeAnalysisTK-1.6-9-g47df7bb.tar.bz2

At one point in time we made patches to that release and I need to re-apply them with some modifications. I have a checkout of the 1.6 tag from github, but I'd like to be sure I'm patching the exact same code used to build the 1.6-9-g47df7bb version above.

But why, you ask ...

Understanding that this release is ancient and yes we should really be using more up to date code, unfortunately a few hundred terabytes of data has already been analyzed with this version and the statisticians will require that analysis be repeated if we make the switch mid-project. I need to patch this version because we're running into an NFS file locking bug that's causing jobs to hang for which I think I've got a solution so long as I can get the source.

Thanks, Matt

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers