Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

Detailed Statistical Model of UnifiedGenotyper?

CindyCindy Posts: 19Member

Hi there,

I am interested in the details of UnifiedGenotyper's statistical model. I came across GATKPaperGenotyper and was told that the statistical model applied there is not feasible for applying it to real-world data. Nevertheless, I am interested how the UnifiedGenotyper now works in detail, since I originally thought that GATKPaperGenotyper's model would have been applied by the UnifiedGenotyper. I cannot find any other documentation than from code (which is unfortunately not very detailed, and the code itself not being that expressive) except for this slide: http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/guide/article?id=1237

Unfortunately, I cannot find how P(b|G) is exactly calculated or what aspects are considered for calculation of P(G) and P(D|G)...

Any explanations, recommendations, or further references would be very appreciated!

Best regards,

Cindy

Best Answer

Answers