Bug Bulletin: The recent 3.2 release fixes many issues. If you run into a problem, please try the latest version before posting a bug report, as your problem may already have been solved.

Different versions of MT used in Mills_and_1000G indels in the GATK_b37_bundle resource bundle?

WimSWimS Posts: 25Member
edited August 2013 in Ask the GATK team

I mapped data against the human reference provided in the GATK_b37_bundle resource bundle and I am now trying to run BQSR using the recommended known variant sets from the same resource bundle.

Upon including the Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf known variant set I get the following error:

##### ERROR contig knownSites = MT / 16571 ##### ERROR contig reference = MT / 16569

The header of the Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf seems to the indicate that the correct 16569 bp MT version is used for the VCF file

##contig=<ID=MT,length=16569,assembly=b37>

Why does the BQSR tool think that a different version of MT is used for the Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf ?

Edit:

I have the same problem with the 1000G_phase1.indels.b37.vcf from the GATK_b37_bundle. Get the same error and the MT contig seems the be the correct one from the vcf header. Only the dbsnp_137.b37.vcf is accepted by the BQSR tool without complaining about a different MT contig.

Post edited by WimS on
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers