Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.

-T CombineVariants question

Nick_BeesonNick_Beeson Posts: 20Member

-T CombineVariants -genotypeMergeOptions UNIQUIFY Is UNIQUIFY the default? I want every variant in the output file with each individual in the same column

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,192Administrator, GATK Developer admin

It's a little complicated because it depends on the value of the priority order argument. If you don't specify an option, the tool will check whether you specified a priority order. If yes, merging option will be set to PRIORITIZE. If not, merging will be set to UNSORTED.

If you want UNIQUIFY you have to specify it.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• Nick_BeesonNick_Beeson Posts: 20Member

I did not write a clear question. Sorry. When I use the walker -T CombineVariants, I want all of the variants from all of the files in the new file. For simplicity imagine I am combining three files each with one individual, when only one of these file has a variant, I want the resultant file to have three entries for that variant, showing the other two as calling 0/0. Does this walker do that? What options do I have to set to get it to do that?