VCF contrasts - workflow

AlmstrupAlmstrup Posts: 2Member

I am just starting with GATK but even though I have looked and looked I can not find a simple walkthrough of having many VCFs and running a range of contrasts based on sample data. I guess this must be one of the most common used tools.
I have 200 VCFs that I want to contrast in many different ways depending on sample phenotype.
Is there anyone that can direct me to a good guide on how to do that?
Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• CarneiroCarneiro Posts: 274Administrator, GATK Developer admin

I am not sure I understand what you want to do, but it seems to me like you are talking about the Plink tools ? You can make queries in the GATK on vcfs using SelectVariants, VariantEval, GenotypeConcordance, CombineVariants and other tools.

• AlmstrupAlmstrup Posts: 2Member

Well, lets say I want to group my vcfs in high and low BMI, high and low LDL etc. and look for the SNVs that differentiate the groups.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 7,364Administrator, GATK Developer admin

That is definitely something you can do with VariantEval and GenotypeConcordance. Those tools have a lot of capabilities, you should look them up in the documentation.

We don't currently provide a set workflow for this type of analysis because it there are so many possible variations depending on your study design.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD