Bug Bulletin: The recent 3.2 release fixes many issues. If you run into a problem, please try the latest version before posting a bug report, as your problem may already have been solved.

ERROR in Running GATK Unified Genotyper module?

sridhar28sridhar28 Posts: 13Member

Dear GATK Users,

I am using GATK for first time. I am doing Targeted reseq Analysis. while i am running Unified Genotyper in Galaxy interface. it gives error message as mentioned below..

"ERROR MESSAGE: The fasta file you specified (/tmp/tmp-gatk-WBrGTf) does not exist." But i places the Fasta file path in .loc file. Also could anyone tell what are the preprocessing steps before using Bam file for Unified Genotyper??

Your answers are very much Appericiated.

Thanks Sridhar

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,073Administrator, GATK Developer admin

Hi Sridhar,

To your first question, I think this is a problem specific to the Galaxy interface. You can probably get more helpful advice to deal with this from the Galaxy support mailing list.

To your second question, have a look at our Best Practices workflow. Basically, once you have mapped your data, you need to mark duplicates, perform local realignment around indels and base recalibration. Optionally, you can also compress your data with ReduceReads.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• sridhar28sridhar28 Posts: 13Member

Thanks Geraldine.. i am facing new ERROR in running the UnifiedGenotyper java -jar galaxy/apps/GenomeAnalysisTK-2.5-2-gf57256b/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -R ens_BRCA1.fa -T UnifiedGenotyper -I picard.sort.bam INFO 10:10:41,862 HelpFormatter - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INFO 10:10:41,864 HelpFormatter - The Genome Analysis Toolkit (GATK) v2.5-2-gf57256b, Compiled 2013/05/01 09:27:02 INFO 10:10:41,864 HelpFormatter - Copyright (c) 2010 The Broad Institute INFO 10:10:41,864 HelpFormatter - For support and documentation go to http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk INFO 10:10:41,869 HelpFormatter - Program Args: -R ens_BRCA1.fa -T UnifiedGenotyper -I picard.sort.bam INFO 10:10:41,869 HelpFormatter - Date/Time: 2013/06/19 10:10:41 INFO 10:10:41,869 HelpFormatter - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INFO 10:10:41,870 HelpFormatter - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INFO 10:10:41,959 GenomeAnalysisEngine - Strictness is SILENT INFO 10:10:42,044 GenomeAnalysisEngine - Downsampling Settings: Method: BY_SAMPLE, Target Coverage: 250 INFO 10:10:42,051 SAMDataSource$SAMReaders - Initializing SAMRecords in serial INFO 10:10:42,066 SAMDataSource$SAMReaders - Done initializing BAM readers: total time 0.01 INFO 10:10:44,401 GATKRunReport - Uploaded run statistics report to AWS S3

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.5-2-gf57256b):
    ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
    ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
    ERROR
    ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
    ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
    ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
    ERROR
    ERROR MESSAGE: Input files reads and reference have incompatible contigs: Found contigs with the same name but different lengths:
    ERROR contig reads = chr17 / 81195210
    ERROR contig reference = chr17 / 125979.
    ERROR reads contigs = [chrM, chr1, chr2, chr3, chr4, chr5, chr6, chr7, chr8, chr9, chr10, chr11, chr12, chr13, chr14, chr15, chr16, chr17, chr18, chr19, chr20, chr21, chr22, chrX, chrY]
    ERROR reference contigs = [chr17]
    ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please suggest the same

Thanks Sridhar

I foud the solution for this error..

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,073Administrator, GATK Developer admin

Feel free to share your solution so that others who have the same problem can benefit from your findings :)

Hello Geraldine, I am using Particular target in the genome for the Analysis, but while mapping i used whole genome and converted to sam format and later i used same file and run it on GATK so i got this error..

Now i used the Target region Fasta file for mapping and pcoceeded and founf no error.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing!