GATK Guide Book

Nick_BeesonNick_Beeson Posts: 20Member

There are at least two images in the Guide Book that stop Adobe and give an error message.
One is on page 94 the other is one page 130
Adobe says "Try..." and then gives an URL with a 32 character random alphanumeric string. LOL
I am human, cannot cut and paste it (it vanishes when I try), and cannot possible type 32 random characters with our error.
Could you post good URLs to these two images. Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 7,169Administrator, GATK Developer admin

The reason for those missing images is that the articles are dynamically compiled from the online docs (which live in the forum), and for some reason some images cause errors when they are retrieved, so they're replaced by their URLs. I don't know why the URL would vanish when you try to click on them, that sounds like a bug in Adobe's viewer. Are you on a Windows or Linux box? On Mac, Preview reads the pdf without any problems.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• Nick_BeesonNick_Beeson Posts: 20Member

Wow you are fast. I am on a Windows 7 PC with full Adobe Acrobat, not just the reader. You solved my problem. Using just the reader the links go live. I guess the "Professional" version is not a good as the amateur version.

Thanks.

• Nick_BeesonNick_Beeson Posts: 20Member

yes it did. Although I now have the images they are still not in the .pdf file. I will work around this. Thanks.