Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

Calling SNPS/indel by unified genotyper

opulcyopulcy Posts: 15Member

Hi,

I was using GATK UnifiedGenotyper for SNPs/indels. My command is as follows:

java -Xmx16g -jar $gatkPath/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \ -T UnifiedGenotyper \ -R $humanRefSequence \ -I "$sampleID".recal.bam \ --dbsnp $humanDbsnpFile \ -stand_call_conf 30.0 \ -stand_emit_conf 10.0 \ -dcov 250 \ -l INFO -log "$sampleID".GATKvariants.log \ -o "$sampleID".GATKvariants.raw.vcf \ --output_mode EMIT_ALL_SITES

When I am selecting Indels from the vcf file, it's producing an empty vcf file (which is working fine with SNPs). My command for selecting Indels are as follows:

java -Xmx10g -jar $gatkPath/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \ -T SelectVariants \ -R $humanRefSequence \ --variant "$sampleID".GATKvariants.raw.vcf \ -o "$sampleID".GATKindels.raw.vcf \ -selectType INDEL \ -log "$sampleID".SelectIndels.log

Do I need to use "-glm BOTH" in UnifiedGenotyper to output both SNPs and Indels? As from the documentation, I understand that the default value of -glm is set to SNP.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers