Bug Bulletin: we have identified a bug that affects indexing when producing gzipped VCFs. This will be fixed in the upcoming 3.2 release; in the meantime you need to reindex gzipped VCFs using Tabix.

Error wit BaseRecalibrator: The stop position ... is less than start ...

mesnaolamesnaola Posts: 1Member

I am using GATK version 2.4.9. When trying to execute BaseRecalibrator I get this message:

ERROR MESSAGE: Badly formed genome loc: Parameters to GenomeLocParser are incorrect:The stop position 4580 is less than start 4581 in contig chr1

I'm not specifying any of the advanced options, just an input BAM, the reference genome and a BED file for the -knownSites argument. The BAM file has been correctly validated with Picard and I've checked the BED and all stop positions are greater or equal to the start positions.

I also tried with an older version of GATK so that I could use CountCovariates, but it gave a similar error (same error with different start and stop positions).

The exact call to the method is:

java -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -I XXXX.marked.realigned.fixed.bam -R hg18KO.fa -knownSites dbsnp130_hg18_KO.bed -o XXXX_recal_data.grp

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mikel

Answers