Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

Options -S LENIENT --fix_misencoded_quality_scores in RealignerTargetCreator and IndelRealigner

gsonggsong Posts: 3Member

Hi, I got errors when ran GATK RealignerTargetCreator and IndelRealigner in v2.4.9. I've checked many related discussions and comments. First, I got an error like "we encountered an extremely high quality score of 69" with option -S LENIENT and the GATK program stalled. So I added "--fix_misencoded_quality_scores", and then I got different error message "ERROR MESSAGE: Bad input: We encountered a non-standard non-IUPAC base in the provided reference: '0'" now. I tried older versions of GATK and both java 1.6 and 1.7. I'm hoping that you can help this. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks!

--Giltae

Giltae Song, Ph.D. Postdoctoral researcher Department of Genetics School of Medicine Stanford

Best Answer

Answers