Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

JEXL and SelectVariants

golharamgolharam Posts: 23Member ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the GATK team

I'm trying to use JEXL to filter variants but something isn't working and I can't figure it out. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My VCF file contains an INFO field 1000g2012Apr_ALL. Some of the variants in my VCF have an entry for this field, some don't. I want to filter my VCF file for entries that are below a certain value or are NULL (empty).

Here's what my command looks like:

java -Xmx4G -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T SelectVariants -R hg19.fa -V my.vcf -o my.1kgfiltered.vcf -select 'vc.getAttribute("1000g2012Apr_ALL") < 0.01' -select '!vc.hasAttribute("1000g2012Apr_ALL")'

The problem is the 2nd select statement. I can't seem to get a JEXL select statement to give me the entries where 1000g2012Apr_ALL are empty. How do I accomplish this?

Post edited by golharam on

Best Answer

Answers