Bug Bulletin: we have identified a bug that affects indexing when producing gzipped VCFs. This will be fixed in the upcoming 3.2 release; in the meantime you need to reindex gzipped VCFs using Tabix.

Concerns regarding transition from DepthOfCoverage to DiagnoseTargets.

igorigor Posts: 31Member
edited March 2013 in Ask the team

Now that DepthOfCoverage is being retired in GATK 2.4, I decided to investigate DiagnoseTargets. I have some questions.

1) Are there plans to support output formats other than VCF? What was great about DOC is I could easily send the output to anyone and it could be easily read. With DT, that requires additional processing.

2) DOC provided summary for intervals as well as samples. DT only does intervals. Is there a way to get per-sample info?

3) DOC output full intervals. DT only outputs the start positions. To get the end positions, an additional step is required. Can that be adjusted?

4) DOC provided coverage info for all intervals. DT only shows covered intervals, so if an interval is not covered, it will not be listed in the output. Is there a way to output all intervals?

Sorry if I sound too critical. I am a big fan of DepthOfCoverage and am disappointed to see it go.

Thank you.

Post edited by igor on

Best Answer