Bug Bulletin: The recent 3.2 release fixes many issues. If you run into a problem, please try the latest version before posting a bug report, as your problem may already have been solved.

Adjusting priors for heterozygosity for pooled samples in UnifiedGenotyper

jdavilajdavila Posts: 4Member

Hi to all,

I am calling variants in a pooled sample of 3 human samples, using UnifiedGenotyper and a ploidy of 6 and I was wondering if it is necessary to adjust the heterozygosity rate (--heterozygosity) to be 0.003 instead of the default of 0.001, or if the model used in the pooled sample calling already takes this into account.Thanks a lot,

Jaime

Best Answers

Answers

• jdavilajdavila Posts: 4Member

Eric

Sorry for not being more clear in my earlier post. I am running UnifiedGenotyper multi-sample calling on several samples (say 20). Each one of the samples is a pool of three individuals without barcoding or multiplexing, hence I am using ploidy of 6. Are you saying that even when I have pooled individuals in a sample I need not change the heterozygosity rate? I was thinking that since each "sample" is a combination of three individuals the chances of a heterozygous call go up by three.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer,

Jaime