adding read group to the bam file using PICARD generated from GS reference mapper BAM file

MaulikMaulik Posts: 3Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

how to add read group to the bam file using PICARD generated from GS reference mapper BAM file?

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on
Tagged:

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 8,027Administrator, GATK Dev admin

That's a questIon for Picard, not for GATK...

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• MaulikMaulik Posts: 3Member

well thanks for the reply, I wonder why my question was not edited even though I edited it quickly once I put up the question.anyway, my task was to call SNPs using GATK pipeline from the .bam file of GS reference mapper but it did not work out because .bam file was devoid of any READ GROUP now my problem is to add read group so that I can process it using GATK. Waiting for your reply..

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 8,027Administrator, GATK Dev admin

Yes, I understand your question, and my answer is still the same: if you want to use Picard software to add read groups (which is the right thing to do) you should ask the Picard team how to do this (or better yet, read their excellent documentation). We do not provide support for using software other than GATK.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD