Service Notice: Due to the blizzard currently hammering the US Northeast, the Broad is shut down and the GATK forum will be mostly unattended while we hunker down and sip hot cocoa with marshmallows. Assuming the power stays on and we're able to dig ourselves out of the snow when it's all over, normal service should resume Wednesday or Thursday.

UnifiedGenotyper --genotype_likelihoods_model INDEL --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES

vanheel123vanheel123 Posts: 5Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

Hi,

When I use UnifiedGenotyper with --genotype_likelihoods_model SNP --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES I get the reference SNP homozygote calls (or ./. if insufficient depth/quality etc). Great!

But when I use UnifiedGenotyper with --genotype_likelihoods_model INDEL --output_mode EMIT_ALL_CONFIDENT_SITES I only get non-reference calls, everything else (i.e. reference homozygotes, and anything uncallable) is ./.

I want to be able to select variants (SNPs and INDELs) on call rate across samples - as one would do for array genotype data. And avoid case-control bias due to differential missingness.

thanks,

david van heel

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Comments