Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.
Service note: the GATK website will be undergoing maintenance over the next few hours. Some pages may be unavailable for that time. All docs remain available in the forum.

base recalibration problem

WanboWanbo Posts: 7Member

Hi,

I am working on bovine exome sequencing datasets. I have 22 animals ( the read length of 11 samples is 90 bp, others are 100 bp) . I merged all of them into a big bam file, and did Indel realignment on it. When I run BaseRecalibrator, my job was aborted on chr12. And I check the region chr12(28982297, 29984297) of my reference file with Samtools, it seems not damaged. Any suggestion?

Wanbo

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR stack trace

net.sf.picard.PicardException: Unable to load chr12(28982297, 29984297) from /data/Wanbo/genomes/bosTau6.fasta at net.sf.picard.reference.IndexedFastaSequenceFile.getSubsequenceAt(IndexedFastaSequenceFile.java:208) at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.fasta.CachingIndexedFastaSequenceFile.getSubsequenceAt(CachingIndexedFastaSequenceFile.java:173) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.datasources.providers.LocusReferenceView.initializeReferenceSequence(LocusReferenceView.java:153) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.datasources.providers.LocusReferenceView.(LocusReferenceView.java:101) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseLoci.traverse(TraverseLoci.java:47) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseLoci.traverse(TraverseLoci.java:18) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.executive.LinearMicroScheduler.execute(LinearMicroScheduler.java:62) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.execute(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:265) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineExecutable.execute(CommandLineExecutable.java:113) at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:236) at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:146) at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:93)

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A GATK RUNTIME ERROR has occurred (version 2.1-13-g1706365):
ERROR
ERROR Please visit the wiki to see if this is a known problem
ERROR If not, please post the error, with stack trace, to the GATK forum
ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to load chr12(28982297, 29984297) from /data/Wanbo/genomes/bosTau6.fasta

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 6,169Administrator, GATK Developer admin

Hi there,

Try validating all your input files using the Picard validation tools, that will tell you if there is anything wrong with your files.

You can also run again using -XL argument to exclude the interval where the program choked the first time, and see if it still errors out. That may help identify whether it's a problem with the file or a problem of not enough computing resources.

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD