error using somatic indel detector

EarendilEarendil Posts: 2Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

hello every one please i got this error while running this command

elendin@elendin-HP-Pavilion-dv6700-Notebook-PC:~/analysis of rnaseq bamfiles$ java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -R VitisVinifera.fasta -T SomaticIndelDetector -o indels.vcf -verbose indels.txt -I:normal wt.bam -I:tumor newmut.bam

MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file SAMFileReader{/home/elendin/analysis of rnaseq bamfiles/newmut.bam} is malformed: Read HWI-ST132_0461:3:2201:1211:140854#GTCCTA is either missing the read group or its read group is not defined in the BAM header, both of which are required by the GATK. Please use http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wiki/index.php/ReplaceReadGroups to fix this problem

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how can i add the missing read group for HWI-ST132_0461:3:2201:1211:140854#GTCCTA or define it in the header.
thanks

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Answers

• ebanksebanks Broad InstitutePosts: 687Member, Administrator, GATK Dev, Broadie, Moderator, DSDE Dev, GP Member admin

This is addressed in the documentation on this forum. The error you posted specifically asks you not to post this problem to the forum because it's something you can easily fix just by reading the docs that our team has spent a lot of time preparing.

Eric Banks, PhD -- Senior Group Leader, MPG Analysis, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT

• TomAmesTomAmes Posts: 6Member

FYI, that link redirects to the main GATK site, and there does not seem to be any way to find the wiki entry that contains the documentation.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Posts: 8,056Administrator, GATK Dev admin

We changed from the wiki to this website, but old versions of the code still produce old links.

FYI, what you're looking for is the first link you get if you use the search box with the terms "ReplaceReadGroups"...

http://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/discussion/59/companion-utilities-replacereadgroups

Geraldine Van der Auwera, PhD

• TomAmesTomAmes Posts: 6Member

Thanks, Geraldine. (FWIW, I'm not having the problem mentioned above--was just pointing out that the solution was not at the link given to the OP).