Bug Bulletin: The GenomeLocPArser error in SplitNCigarReads has been fixed; if you encounter it, use the latest nightly build.

-rf BadCigar

newbie16newbie16 Posts: 15Member
edited August 2012 in Ask the GATK team

Hello,

I have a bam file where few reads have CIGAR strings that start with Deletions. For example: 440H1D33M1I1D33M. I am trying to execute BaseRecalibrator (2.0 beta) on this file. However, I see an error below:

"##### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file SAMFileReader{/home/datarig/CGP/GatkAnalysis/NG_2012_05_10_v2.6/WithGATK2.0/with_SamV2/NG_R1/test.ordered.sorted.realigned.bam} is malformed: Read starting with de letion. Cigar: 440H1D33M1I1D33M. This is an indication of a malformed file, but the SAM spec allows reads starting in deletion. If you are sure you want to use this read, re-run your analysis with the extra option: -rf BadCigar"

However if I use the -rf BadCigar filter, I still get the same error. The command I used is pasted below.

"java -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -I test.bam -R ucsc.hg19.fasta -knownSites dbsnp_135.hg19.vcf -o recal_data.grp -rf BadCigar"

Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers